Thursday, November 29, 2012

Homeschool update

Unfortunately, because of my stroke, this is an odd year for us. Right now I just have the girls doing the basics and then social studies and science every alternating Friday. I just don't have the energy to do more. Every word I say takes so much energy. Despite my low energy levels, the twins are learning to read. I just hope that I can write by next year because my little man is ready to start school. I am afraid he is gonna be a smart one too. Smart and naughty. He already knows all his letters and their sounds thanks to the leap frog videos. He can count out loud to his teens already too. He has his shapes and colors down as well. There isn't much else to do before he has to start formal training. I joke that both of us will need one of those handwriting tablets. The twins have become quite the little readers and are even starting to read the tv dvr and are telling me what they want to watch. Those little buggars finished their phonics books already. I'm going to have to get them something else. Princess Hope reads everything I throw at her. The other day she read and discussed a book that I used when I taught 5th grade. She is about 2 years ahead of where she should be and scaring her momma.

5 comments:

  1. It may be an odd year, but it sounds like they are learning and advancing!! That's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tina! Sounds like a great year to me. Early in homeschooling, I felt if my kids weren't doing formal learning,(textbooks and workbooks) they weren't really doing school and I was SO wrong. My kids have learned SO much through so many other mediums. I say just enjoy watching the kids learn in a unique way.

    I think your kids are so amazing because you and Scott are pretty amazing people!

    mommamindy.wordpress.com
    mommamindyprairieprimer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are doing an amazing job! And you are such an inspiration to me as a homeschooling mom too.

    This may be an odd year, but your children are learning so many life lessons this year to. As homeschooling moms we need to remind ourselves that it is not only about the textbooks, but also the every day lessons of life.

    God Bless,

    Melany

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are doing great, you can be sympathetic to the boy and handwriting not often being their favorite thing to do.
    Benjamin is not catching on to some things and I wonder if he is just being funny as he is a smart fella but he is as rotten as I'll get out.

    ReplyDelete