Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Crock pot chicken and artichokes

This was so easy, and I started with frozen chicken breasts:

4 boneless skinless chicken breats
1 regular sized can of artichoke hearts
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp garlic
1 pinch red pepper flakes
2 bay leaves
About 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper

Throw it all in the crock pot and cook on high for about 5 hours, or I would guess low for 8-9 hours.

By the way, I am finally starting to feel better. My tummy was actually hungry tonight. I am still really tired, but doing better.

We served it over brown rice, but noodles or regular rice would be good too. Of course, we only have jasmine rice, so I wouldn't know. I would guess you might need a little more salt in that case.

5 comments:

  1. Mmm, that sounds delicious. I think I even have some marinated artichokes that I could use. Perhaps this will be dinner tomorrow.

    I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. I hope the fatigue leaves soon so you can get back to getting stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! So very glad you are starting to feel better, dear Kendra! Love, cathyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. So grateful to hear you are feeling better. Know that you are very loved and constantly in our prayers. I am sorry for not leaving comments sooner...just figured how to reset my info on your blog...ya gotta remember I am getting old and forgetful. Hugs to all.
    Love you always,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would you serve this with? Rice? Potatoes?
    Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy (and doable). Thanks!

    By the way, you "report" is live at http://infertilitymom.blogspot.com/2012/11/breaking-news.html Let me know if you see anything you would rather have pulled or changed!

    ReplyDelete